San Ramon, CA
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Administration, the Receptionist provides clerical support to front desk operations. This includes greeting visitors, answering and routing phone calls, and taking messages. Additionally, the Receptionist will ensure the office is supported with in-office refreshments, cleanliness of rooms, and inventory of office supplies.
- Meets and greets visitors, customers, and employees. Contacts appropriate manager and/or escorts visitor to meeting space.
- Answers the phone and routes calls to appropriate party.
- Retrieves, scans and/or files documents as requested.
- Provide assistance with copiers/printers/fax machines as needed. Helps refill with paper and clear jams as they occur. Coordinate help by IT, if necessary.
- Receives mail/or other parcels and distributes to appropriate parties (manages tracking as well).
- Sorts and applies postage to outgoing mail. Prints labels and coordinates shipments. Manages shipping vendor account.
- Ensures office supplies are readily available for staff use. Orders supplies as needed or requested. Manages supply vendor account.
- Maintains supply cabinets, closets and kitchen cabinets for organization and cleanliness. Does dishes.
- Ensures conference room schedule is adhered to and that cleanliness of rooms is kept in a presentable manner at all times.
- Ensures daily in-office refreshments are ready for employees at the beginning of each day. Orders items as necessary or requested. Manages breakroom supply vendor account.
- May coordinate office-wide lunches including ordering, taking delivery, setting up, and cleaning afterwards.
- Will work with Department Head to coordinate company functions.
- Coordinates with building management for maintenance needs from time to time.
- Handles cubicle and office turnover when employee leaves and ensures space is ready for new hires prior to their start date.
- May prepare documents such as simple correspondence, agendas, meeting materials, etc.
- May coordinate light travel, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma of equivalent.
- At least 6 months of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to speak and write professionally at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Office applications. Must have experience in Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, envelope stuffing machine, and postage meter.
- Experience in using corporate phone lines for holds, transferring, etc.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.